Tuesday 22 March 2011

Mark Lister



Hello my name is Mark Lister and I work for Embrace North as a Site Supervisor. My role at Embrace North entails the general maintenance of the premises which includes the building, contents and its surrounding grounds.

Upon hearing about the professional exchange to Berlin with Kids & Co I was very interested in participating in the observations of the local culture and day to day management of the workshop facilities. This exchange trip allowed me to gain a further understanding of facility layouts and also gave me inspiration towards setting up a fantastic learning environment for our students back in Burnley. I am passionate about helping the youth find their role in life and passionate about providing a facility which allows young people to try vocational trades through workshops and work placements.

This trip has been life changing and has inspired me to return to Embrace North and my local community with new ideas and a fresh confident new approach.