Tuesday 22 March 2011

Leo Howley



Hello my name is Leo Howley and I work for Embrace North as a Group Co-Ordinator.

Upon hearing about the professional exchange to Berlin with Kids & Co I was very interested in participating in the observations of the local culture and the functionality of the workshop facilities. It was also very enlightening and inspirational to see the way that the local youth are interacted with at Kids & Co and how the placement process allows them to gain vital communication and work skills.

This exchange trip allowed me to gain a further understanding of the cultural and environmental backgrounds of the young adults that participate from Berlin in our Northern branch back in Burnley. By involving myself in this programme I also found myself very inspired towards setting up a fantastic learning environment for our students back in Burnley and also creating similar opportunities for the youth in my own local community. I am passionate about helping the youth find their role in life and passionate about providing a facility which allows young people to try to excel in life through workshops and work placements. I plan very soon to implement what I have learnt here into new vibrant programmes and to help the youth be inspired as I have.

This trip has been a life changing process and I have found myself overwhelmed with an amazing sense of well-being. There have been friends and bonds made here that will carry on for many years to come, and networks created to the betterment of all parties! Be inspired and become Inspirational!